Should a patient require specialized services beyond the scope of our practice, we will recommend and refer to appropriate specialists. We will also maintain an active role in managing the patient’s care.
To obtain a referral for your specialist or facility:
- Verify with your insurance company that you need an actual referral or authorization and not just an order or written prescription. Every insurance plan has different requirements.
- Schedule your appointment with your specialist or facility.
- Use the LSFP secure patient portal to make your referral request or call (703)858-2840, option 2 and leave a message with the following details:
- Patient name and date of birth and name of caller (if not the patient)
- Daytime phone number where you can be contacted if there is an issue concerning your request
- The diagnosis or reason for which you need referral services
- Date and time of your appointment
- Fax number of specialist or facility where we will send the completed authorization/referral
- Name of the LSFP provider that referred you to the specialist or facility
- Name of your insurance carrier
We process hundreds of requests each day, so having complete details will help facilitate an efficient response time.
We require a minimum of TWO BUSINESS DAYS notice to complete your referral.
Last minute or same day requests cannot be guaranteed because we must wait for your insurance carrier to approve the request. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY.