LSFP accepts new Medicare patients. Please call our office to ask about your specific coverage and benefits. Established patients are encouraged to have annual wellness visits with our wellness nurse. There will be no out of pocket costs for this visit. We see this exam as essential for preventative care, creating a prevention plan based on your needs for the coming year, and receiving other Medicare benefits.
Medicare Part B covers a “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit
You can get this introductory visit only within the first 12 months you have Part B. This visit includes a review of your medical and social history related to your health and education and counseling about preventive services, including these:
- Certain screenings, shots, and referrals for other care, if needed.
- Height, weight, and blood pressure measurements.
- A calculation of your body mass index.
- A simple vision test.
- A review of your potential risk for depression and your level of safety.
- An offer to talk with you about creating advance directives.
- A written plan letting you know which screenings, shots, and other preventive services you need. Get details about coverage for screenings, shots, and other preventive services.
Medicare also covers yearly “Wellness” visits
You will be asked to fill out a questionnaire, called a “Health Risk Assessment,” as part of this visit. Answering these questions will help us form your personalized prevention plan to help you stay healthy and get the most out of your visit. This visit is covered once every 12 months.
For additional information on Medicare benefits, visit https://www.medicare.gov/pubs/pdf/10050-Medicare-and-You.pdf
You don’t need to sign up for Medicare each year. However, each year you’ll have a chance to review your Medicare health and prescription drug coverage and make changes.
Medicare health plans and prescription drug plans can make changes each year—things like cost, coverage, and which providers and pharmacies are in their networks. Please review new plans carefully to ensure you can continue using LSFP for your care.