Dr. Hegerich joined LSFP in 1997. He is a graduate of the University of Virginia for college and Medical School. His family medicine residency was through the Fairfax Family Practice Residency Program. He is certified by the American Board of Family Medicine and has special interests in prevention, pediatrics, sports medicine, medical information technology and teaching, .
Dr. Hegerich has been a visiting clinical professor at UVA since 1998. He has been a member of Loudoun Medical Group’s Information Technology Committee since 2000 and chair since 2004. He was instrumental in selecting, implementing and improving our electronic medical records(EMR) system. In his free time, he has enjoyed coaching youth soccer and basketball. He has also served as team physician for Potomac Falls HS from 1997-2001 and most recently for Woodgrove HS in Purcellville starting in 2010. He is a resident of Round Hill and in his spare time, enjoys travel soccer events with his children, travel abroad and in the U.S. .
- University of Virginia Medical School : 1994
- Fairfax Family Practice Residency Program : 1997
- Board Certified in Family Medicine : 1997
- Recertified 2013-2023
- LMG IT Committee member : 2000
- Chair of Loudoun Medical Group Information Technology Committee since 2004. This committee oversees our technology, including our Electronic Health Record system. In pursuit of electronic medical records for multi-specialty group of 100+ medical providers. Goals: 1. Improve quality of care; 2. Improve efficiencies; 3. Continued growth of organization Clinical Quality Council at Inova Loudoun Hospital : 1999-2010
- Committee that oversees the quality of care offered by our community hospital.
- University of Virginia Clinical Visiting Professor since 1998. Teacher of third year medical students. Each student has a four week rotation under the direct supervision of Dr. Hegerich to experience real world clinical situations and hands-on learning experiences in the medical office.
- Woodgrove High School team physician since it opened in 2010. Previously with Potomac Falls High School (1997-2001).
- AAFP member : 1990
- American Academy of Family Physicians member
Honors and Awards:
- Clinical Assistant Professor : 2000
University of Virginia Outstanding Preceptor
- Loudoun Healthcare Quality Award : 1999
Commitment to Quality Award from patients of Loudoun Health Services
In Practice Since 1997