In light of the current national measles outbreak proof of vaccination against measles is recommended. Acceptable evidence of immunity against measles includes at least one of the following:
- Written documentation of adequate vaccination:
- One or more doses of a measles-containing vaccine administered on or after the first birthday for preschool-age children and adults not at high risk
- Two doses of measles-containing vaccine for school-age children and adults at high risk, including college students, healthcare personnel, and international travelers
- Laboratory evidence of immunity
- Laboratory confirmation of measles
- Birth in the United States before 1957
Please check with your insurance company regarding coverage for measles titers if you do not have proof of vaccination and would like to be tested in our office.